Thursday, June 12, 2008

Chutes and ladders

When we first started thinking about the baby's room, I wanted to find an older, white ladder to use for displaying and storing baby blankets. Finding a decent ladder that would work well proved really difficult and I was so happy and grateful when my mom said she would take on the task. Discovering a fantastic old-growth fir ladder that was hiding out on the family homestead, my mom whipped it into shape and cut it down to be just the right size and exactly what I wanted! We put it the room when we got back from visiting and it looks great. Add to that a wonderful crocheted baby blanket that my maternal grandmother made for me when I was a baby and you have a family heirloom in the making! Thank you Mom!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What a cool idea. I love it!