Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day

And it really was, for me. Rob truly outdid himself on Sunday, and it was just an ideal day. It began at 5 a.m., which was a little more pleasant when Macadam handed me a present - it was so cute even in my sleepy stupor.

After the sun came up, we grabbed a quick walk, more presents and some coffee before hitting the road to go to one of our favorite places, Fairhaven (historic Bellingham). My favorite french toast is made at a restaurant there and it never disappoints. We strolled around town, checking out shops, the cutest toy shop and Macadam even enjoyed a view from the front seat. Our second stop was the twin villages of Bow-Edison. It's less than a half-mile of road but there's 20 miles of quaintness packed in that distance. An impromptu extended stop at the cheese shop and we had the best spot in the state that afternoon (in our opinion), the pictures say it all. After that we saw some tulips, although the little man was asleep.

The last photo isn't us but I saw this father and son and it struck me so suddenly - it's a shot into the future, watching Rob and Macadam walk into the tulips. Pretty sweet.

Being a mom remains my most beloved job and although it's also the hardest, I think I can take this day each year to be with my family and feel all the love they give back. To my mom and all the moms - well done and hope you had fantastic days!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

These pictures are gorgeous. I especially like the artistic shot of the blue flowers with you and Macadam in the background. It sounds like a truly perfect and well deserved day for a great mommy!