Monday, December 29, 2008

The San Francisco treat

With many paths converging in San Francisco, Macadam and I headed south to rendezvous with Rob on one of his business trips. Macadam did great with his first plane trip and made it easy on me overall being by myself.
First up, Mr. Mac and I traipsed across San Fran, checking out a few places in the Mission District and then walking to the Marina/Cow Hollow neighborhoods and then to Telegraph Hill. I am still not sure how I ended up walking around seven miles that day, but it at least made up for the yummy pastries I had during the trek.

Rob made it into town and we had the chance to see one of my U of O friends, the wonderful Kathleen, and her boyfriend Chris (he's pretty wonderful too we discovered). Macadam made friends very fast and we had a fantastic time hanging out and enjoying dinner and dessert.

The next day, the main goal of our trip was accomplished. Macadam and his cousin Miles (six weeks his senior) got to meet! And we got to see John (Rob's cousin) and Tracy, which is always a guaranteed good time. There are so many pictures from the lunch but here are some of my faves. These guys couldn't get enough of each other and I think our cheeks hurt from laughing and smiling so much.

I can't wait for more trips like these. The weather in SF was such a nice respite from the horrid weather up here. Everyone there complained about how cold it was but to us it felt like spring.

*FYI for the fam, I will be uploading more images on Flickr when things settle down this week.

No comments: