Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cute overload

Okay, well maybe it's not as good as cuteoverload.com but my latest fabric selection came in the mail and I am in love - it's a great little combination of jungle/farm animals, childlike but not sticky sweet-cute, and gender-neutral, classic colors. I thought I had curbed my fabric addiction but when this popped up online, I couldn't hold back. I mean, come on, I don't want to deprive our child of such finds, do I? Rob doesn't believe me that it was really a "mom knows best" kind of situation but he understands that sometimes I just can't say no to fabric. Luckily, I jumped on it because it's since sold out.



My original plan was for a blanket but now, after seeing the fabric in all its glory, it's hard to say whether it should be made into a wall hanging of some kind, bibs, a blanket or something else. Thoughts?
Update: Wall hanging it is and hopefully a bib and some shoes, we'll see!

4 comments:

Brittany Maloney said...

It would be super cute stretched over canvas and used as a wall hanging. I had no idea you were so insanely talented- I love seeing all your projects and am inspired. It makes me miss my crafting days, yes not a craft have I completed since Rory's arrival! Also- in response to the comment on your last post- I too think you look like your having a girl- I carried Rory the same way- wide and low profile (although it didn't feel low profile) compared to shahnaz with the boys which was like a bullet straight out. who knows- I guess I have a 50% chance of being right! enjoy the last few weeks- go out to lots of grown-up restaurants! when is your actual due date? can't wait to see pics of baby faw!!! ~Brittany

Rebecca said...

Love it! So adorable. And I agree with Brittany that it would make a cute wall hanging. It would make a cute anything, really, but I think you may have (get) more blankets, bibs, burp cloths, etc, than nursery art.

Shahnaz said...

Super cute fabric! I can't wait to see what you do with it, but mostly I can't wait to see you and your cute belly on Saturday!

the Klinks said...

Hey Kelly -

I link to your blog from Rebecca's all the time and love seeing all your creations! I am actually working on an Amy Butler purse for a friend, so I could use your help. You've probably heard of Heather Bailey because you seem to know all the cool place online, but I love her studio: http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/heather_bailey/2007/02/the_studio.html
I just came across it again today and thought of you and your projects, so thought I would share!

-Krista Klinkhammer