Monday, August 25, 2008

And now we wait

We are all about patience these days (yea right!) in the Fawsome household. Actually, Rob and I both know that the waiting game we're playing right now is really just a precursor for the lovely struggle our offspring will bring. Because there's no way we will get a child who's not stubborn as the two of us combined. That said, it could be several more days before baby Faw decides, or rather, admits that he or she is as ready as we are to meet.

After finally highlighting the last of my projects on my list as completed, Rob found me upstairs cutting more fabric. In disbelief he asked me what I was doing since I was allegedly all done with my list. I had now begun on my "if there's time" project list...all of which are baby-related, finally:).

With not much else to do, even Rob helped out on one of the projects. These birds will eventually be displayed as a mobile like this one (where I got the idea and the pattern in the first place).



I also finished my very own diaper clutch (a small, travel-friendly stash bag for a few diapers, wipes and balm). I have made a few for gifts but it was fun to make one for myself, although I didn't go all out with waterproof fabric.



If baby Faw still isn't around tomorrow, I plan to work on a couple of projects from this book - such cute baby and little kid projects, including more fabric booties.

And if you're on the same pins and needles that we and most of our friends and families are on, never fear, we'll be posting and emailing very soon after the baby arrives.

2 comments:

littlemeah said...

i am checking in every day and want to say hi and let you know Dan and thinking about you and wishing you both the best. looking forward to hearing the news!

Kirsten said...

Hi Keli. I just love mobile idea. It is much more adorable and warmer than the one I was thinking of when we were at Mason Lake (Flensted mobiles http://www.flensted-mobiles.com/start.html). I love all the sewing creations you've made for baby Faw. I'd love to know what type/model sewing machine you're using. Hang in there on the baby front. We're thinking of all 3 of you!