Thursday, August 14, 2008

Blanket rehab

When my mom gifted us the ladder, I also received my old baby blanket. Seeing how it's close to thirty years old, it needed a little TLC and touch up, but really aside from the binding, it's in great shape. I have so many memories of this blanket from when I was little; it was a constant companion for me.

One of my favorite stories, mainly because it baffles me that I was that small at three years old, is when my dad "lost" me for several hours while my mom and brother went skiing. He couldn't find me anywhere, looking high and low. As it turned out, I was curled up, sleeping underneath the blanket in our living room. From the way the blanket looked, you couldn't tell that I was under there, it just looked like a blanket, crumpled up in a ball.

It will be interesting to see which blanket becomes a favorite for baby Faw and whether or not he or she will build an attachment like many kids do. For now, my old blanket will at least be ready for some more use. After taking off the old binding, or what was left of it, I put a new one on, a red one, for a little punch of color.

No comments: