Friday, August 1, 2008

Whoohoo - last days!

Given my genetic disposition, it's hard for me to say it's nice to be unemployed, but man, I am excited not to have to work for the next few weeks. My contract ended at Microsoft yesterday and I have, hopefully, at least two to three more weeks before I meet my most demanding "employer" yet - baby Faw.

I am going to try and rest and take it easy as much as possible - walks, going to the pool and weekly doctor visits are on the agenda for now. With the exception of the next three weekends, Rob and I will also get some time to just plain hang out during our last days before parenthood, a pretty rare treat these days.

As for the weekly doctor visits, my appointment today told us that all systems are a go and the early, early labor process has begun, which could take up to three more weeks to move onto the next phase. I am not going to post effacement and dilation digits yet but I will say that at least one of those figures is pretty far along, so much so our doctor was excited. But again, it could easily be three more weeks before anything happens.

Given the amount of projects I have to finish in the coming weeks, both baby and gifts, you can expect some more project-related pictures soon.

No comments: