Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Baby burrito

Well, no baby today so that meant I had time to finish another project. Since we don't have a baby model for this, I had to substitute with a stuffed animal who is nowhere near the same size as a 3-6 month old, which is what size I made the blanket. Also below are pictures from the book of what the blanket looks like on a baby. It's purpose somewhat mirrors a swaddling blanket but I think it would be great to switch out the fabrics and make a hooded towel with the pattern.

As for the fabric, I found it at the fabric store that is, unfortunately for the bank account and much to Rob's chagrin, a mile away. It's part of a new line and I couldn't resist - it's such a whimsical and soothing print.

4 comments:

Brittany Maloney said...

You are truly amazing! I love all the things you have so lovingly made for the baby- you should be selling this stuff! I was 8 days late with rory and remember vividly the difficulty of waiting and mostly the not knowing. We did a lot of walking and hitting of golf balls to urge her along- but she alas was even more stubborn then pat and I combined! We are thinking about you and sending you good labor vibes. Enjoy these last few days/hours/minutes- go to a swanky bar, expensive restaurant, or some other non-baby friendly place and just enjoy!

amieable said...

Lady, you have taken "nesting" to a whole new level. Longball and I want to know "when you gonna HAVE that baby?"

Shannon said...

If this baby doesn't come soon, at this rate you will have its prom attire made before you go into labor! I wonder what a gender neutral prom outfit would look like...? Seriously though this is look cute! I am so impress with the amount of absolutely beautiful things you have made!

Shahnaz said...

I think you should stop sewing and start doing jumping jacks:)